Monday, February 25, 2008

Blogging is hard!

I thought I could do it. I thought I could keep up with the daily pressures of blogging, and I thought I was going to come out on top. Turns out I'm no better than the rest of you.

My excuse: I take most of my pictures with a film camera, and for the digital ones I don't have software on my computer to upload them with. The digital ones are coming at you slowly but soon, so just keep in mind that the payoff is gonna be really good. Until then, I'll throw in a few pictures of Bonnie's.

We've started our second class now, which is Reformation History. The professor is a pastor from Texas, and a really nice guy. It's an overwhelming subject for me to learn in two weeks, since I haven't had any background in RH yet, but I'm trying to soak it in like a champ.

Last weekend a group of us went to Prague for a few days. The streets of Czech Republic bear a sharp contrast from spic-n-span Germany (well, Bavaria anyway) and was a challenge for some to get used to litter on the sidewalks and graffiti on the walls - but after I convinced them to get over it, we had a good time. I couldn't help being weirded out by all the marionettes, though. Seriously, what is it with Europeans and weird dolls? Anyway, Prague was great (also bitterly cold/snowing). We hit up the castle/cathedral area, the Lennon wall, the Charles Bridge, Old Town Square, and of course Bohemia Bagel.

In other news, weather in Germany is really warming up. Yesterday was in the 60s and we celebrated after church by going to a nearby village called Kallmunz and hiked up to some 800-year-old castle ruins on a hill overlooking the countryside. I'll try to scrounge up some pictures of that, too.

Next weekend, you ask? Italy. No big deal. Bonnie, Mitch, Jeff and I are taking a night train on Thursday evening and will apparently end up in Rome by Friday morning. It's magic! Roman magic.

4 comments:

DORRPOSTS said...

Hmmm... it appears that in the picture of you and Bonnie, that you have a statue sitting on your head... that so?

Chris and Sarah said...

Eat something cheesy and italiany for me, will ya, roman magic girl? PS - stop showing off with all the countries you go to. Whatever. U..S...A! U...S...A!!!

hannah said...

you mean the one where Franz Kafka is sitting on my shoulders? yes.

The Dorrs said...

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

-b