Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Swiss Cheese and Ricola

Mostly, I want to live in Switzerland.

Jeff, Mitchell, Bonnie and I decided to take advantage of our four day weekend by climbing aboard trains to Switzerland. With visions of ski slopes and Swiss army knives dancing in our heads, we spent the first half of Friday en route to Zurich. We were greeted upon arrival with beautiful weather and the shimmering Limmat river, around which the city was built. After wandering the streets of Zurich, the idea was to set up camp in Interlaaken , a small town a few hours away sandwiched in the lower Alps, and go from there. We didn't end up going skiing while in Switzerland, but we did take a series of trains and gondolas up into the Alps, and I almost pooped my pants in excitement. I can honestly say it was one of the greatest days of my life. At the top of Maennlichen there was live music - Jamaican-esque Elton John covers to be exact - and of course skiers everywhere. We bought Swiss cheese and baguettes to eat at the top, and were each given a free piece of Ricola by the accommodating staff at the final gondola. I spent the better part of two hours turning in circles, trying to take it all in. We were on top of the world.



7 comments:

DORRPOSTS said...

Unbelievably breathtaking! We're so thankful you're having this AMAZING opportunity!

Chris and Sarah said...

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCOOOOOOLLLLAAAAAA

The Dorrs said...

Two things I remember about Zurich:

1. it was really clean.

2. there were clocks everywhere and everything/everyone was very punctual.

Such organization! Loved it! glad you liked it too.

-b

Chris and Sarah said...

WHERE IS YOUR STUDYING?
WHERE ARE YOUR TEXTBOOKS?
WHEN ARE YOUR EXAMS?
WHERE IS THE LIBRARY?
WHAT IS WIH ALL THE SIGHTSEEING?

LEARN, WOMAN! LEARN!

DORRPOSTS said...

Ausgezeichnet! Wie hoch fuhrt die Klettertour hinauf? Vater

hannah said...

Dad... I don't understand a lick of what you just said.

luke said...

naturally you wouldn't tell me about this. i had to find it on my own. in my own secretive mysterious way. but it's ok. i certainly didn't tell you about mine...

keep riding trains.